Wednesday’s Gift is a volunteer based charity that helps individuals and families in need without delay.
Helping others for over 8 years, Wednesday’s Gift continues to expand our offerings to the community.
Wednesday’s Gift is an all volunteer-run group. Our Mission is to provide the base necessities of life to Marin County residents on a one time bases, without delay. Wednesday’s Gift is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
In order to fulfill our mission, we rely on the generosity of individuals and businesses for support.
Here are some of the ways in which Wednesday’s Gift has made a difference in people’s lives:
• Providing groceries and paying utility bills for several families
• Paying rent and providing food, clothing, toys and furniture to 3 families who were victims of a devastating fire
• Paying for child-care for a boy so his mother could continue working and attend college
• Providing financial support for a widow for one month
• Paying rent for a single mother of four children, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, and undergoing treatment
• Securing 24-hour care for a diabetic suffering from acute insulin shock and providing groceries and a full time attendant to help with medical needs and transportation
• Providing care for a single mother with four children who had fled an abusive husband
• Securing bikes for homeless adults that needed transportation to work
• Organizing moving parties to help others relocate to healthier environments
• Securing volunteers to provide childcare, household repair, and home clean-outs
Additionally, Wednesday’s Gift coordinates numerous giveaways throughout the year, providing over 2000 bags of food, clothing and toiletries last year alone. Over 200 volunteers participate in this program.
Click HERE to join our mailing list and stay informed about future events and volunteer opportunities.
We hope that you join us on this exciting journey…no donation is too small!